I feel a little like Spongebob Squarepants as I share this interview. All I can think is “I’m ready! I’m ready! I’m ready!” Hahaha!
Today’s blog post is one I’m really excited about because I read Amber Eyes a few days ago and I am so impressed by S.D. Grimm’s writing! Not only that, she is super sweet, and I hope you’re able to see that in this interview I had with her. 🙂
However, let me introduce you to see this beauty of cover that provokes all the feels first!
About the Book
Destiny can be cruel
Darkness retreated from the light of the scarlet moon, but has since grown even stronger. The Mistress of Shadows has found a new pawn—one that may be the key to unlocking the door to her underground prison. Now evil threatens to escape its shackles and destroy the land.
In the aftermath of loss and betrayal, Jayden’s fight with the enemy still isn’t over. But while she isn’t sure she can stop the Mistress alone, leaving her friends might be the only way to keep them from being consumed by the darkness.
With lives hanging in the balance—and no time for error—can Jayden make the right choice?
– Hi S.D.! I am SO excited to be chatting with you today! For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Sure. Umm. Warm. Adorkable. Shy. lol
– Hehe! I love that! You mention on your website that you wrote short stories in elementary school about a girl with animals who could talk. Do you have a favorite animal or animals? (Sounds like it might be a hard choice to only choose one. *winks*)
YES! Basically all the canines. Wolves, foxes, coyotes, maned wolves, dingoes, jackals. All of them. And I also love mythological creatures like gryphons. 🙂
– It would be amazing to have a gryphon! I noticed you also mentioned on your website you do Brazilian jiu-jitsu and kickboxing. I think that is SO cool and curious how you got interested in practicing it.
Well, I’m little. I wanted to know how to basically turn myself into a weapon in case I ever needed to defend myself. Aaaaand I thought it would benefit writing fight scenes if I actually knew some stuff. 😉
– I totally understand that! I recently have been learning jiu-jitsu and it’s an awesome feeling knowing you can defend yourself. Speaking of writing fight scenes, I am so excited for the release of Amber Eyes! If Jayden could pop into our world to celebrate, what would you both go do? Or is Jayden secretly planning taking you back to her world to celebrate the release of her story?
Jayden is awesome. I love her so much. I would totally hang out with her in real life. We would pick up my sisters and go for a horseback ride in a national park to celebrate. It would be amazing. And I would introduce her to ice cream—no gelato. She’d love it.
– Is it okay if I do a surprise visit that day? 😉 Now wonder if the situation was opposite. How do you think you would survive if you were suddenly thrusted into your characters world? What kind of food would you eat? Any places you desperately want to visit?
I would have to get some archery and bladed-weapon skills fast. And I’d train to become an expert tracker. I would probably eat anything I could catch or purchase from a tavern—except lamb—and I would need to visit the library in Erinecath and the mountains in Nivek. *happy sigh*
– I totally second! I have very little skills that would be useful in their world, but thankfully I would be surrounded by some awesome friends! 😀 I’ve heard on numerous occasions that most authors can’t choose a favorite character, BUT I wonder who you would want to hang out with for a day. Who’s the lucky character to hang out with you? What would you guys do?
Ethan. I would love to hang out with Ethan! I’d ask for sparring lessons. I’d take him to the gun range and teach him how to shoot. I’d introduce him to Indiana Jones and Star Wars. I’d show him a comic book store. I would hike to the top of a mountain with him. It would be so much fun.
– Oh my goodness, I could totally see him being into Indiana Jones! Definitely so much fun here. 🙂 Before we go, what’s one thing, person, or place you hope your readers will love just as much as you do?
Connor. If you read Scarlet Moon, you met Connor. He shows up more in Amber Eyes, and as I got to know him better, I found that I really, really like him.
– After reading Amber Eyes, I have to admit that I am really really intrigued by him! Can’t wait to read more of his story. Thank so much for chatting with me today!
About the Author
S.D. Grimm’s first love in writing is young adult fantasy and science fiction. She is represented by Julie Gwinn of the Seymour Agency and author of SCARLET MOON. She currently has four books under contract, including the remainder of her YA fantasy series Children of the Blood Moon. When she’s not writing or editing, Sarah enjoys reading (of course!), practicing kickboxing and Brazilian jiu jitsu, training dogs, and binge-watching shows with great characters. Her office is anywhere she can curl up with her laptop and at least one large-sized dog. You can learn more about her upcoming novels at www.sdgrimm.com.
Calling all book readers! Join author S.D. Grimm as we chat about her fantasy novel Amber Eyes on January 30th from 8 PM to 11 PM EST (6 PM CDT and 5 PM PST).
Grab your favorite drink and snack and be prepared for a fun time of chatting with SD, games, and giveaways.
Want to dive into a new world? Enter to win a signed copy of both Amber Eyes and Scarlet Moon, a grimmlie dragon of the dragon on the cover (made by the author), a charm bracelet (made by her Captain America), and a $10 amazon gift card. (US only. Sorry!)
>>> Entry-Form <<<
Blog Tour Schedule
Monday, January 22nd
Tuesday, January 23rd
Wednesday, January 24th
Thursday, January 25th
- Author Interview – Unicorn Quester
Friday, January 26th
Saturday, January 27th
- Author Interview – Jebraun Clifford dream.write.repeat
Monday, January 29th
- Book Review – The Artisan Penguin
Tuesday, January 30th
Wednesday, January 31st
- Author Interview – So Few Books
Thursday, February 1st
Friday, February 2nd
- Book Review – Thinking Like a Fangirl
Saturday, February 3rd
Monday, February 5th
- Blog Tour Wrap-Up – Unicorn Quester