As promised, I am kicking-off the revealing of the first special guest at The Twelve Writers of Christmas Facebook Party on December 12th!
Please join in me welcoming angel and vampire writing, Emerald Barnes!
Emerald Barnes resides in a small town in Mississippi and has the accent to prove it. She’s an auntie, a youth leader, a Whovian, a little bit of a nerd, a reader, a writer, and a family-oriented person. God is number One in her life, and she thanks Him continuously for His love and favor. She’s addicted to tv and binge-watching shows, and she has a thing for superheroes.
– For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Three words to describe me: Christian, Auntie, Nerd
– Air high five for nerds! 😀 What’s the best thing about being a writer?
Is it clichéd to say the readers? Being a writer has introduced me to so many new people, and enjoying conversations with people who love my book has truly been my favorite thing about being a writer.
– Totally not cliché! 😉 How has your spiritual walk influenced your writing?
For my Christian novels, it influenced my writing from me drawing on personal experiences that I’ve had with God or lessons that I’ve learned from God. My Christian fiction novels have really become a ministry for me, teaching people how much God loves them and about angels (at least what I know about angels that God has revealed to me anyway).
My spiritual walk has taught me so much about my Father, and I honestly just want to share that with the world, be it through fiction or devotionals on my blogs.
– I love that. I see writing as a ministry for me as well. 🙂 (Plus, it’s just fun!) For my last question, if you had the ability to jump into any story and live there for a week, what book what you choose?
Oh goodness. This is a mighty tough question! There have been many stories that I’ve come across that I wanted to live in for a week, so picking just one is difficult! But, if I had to, I suppose that I would say Tabitha Caplinger’s The Chronicle of the Three series. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be a demon slayer for a week?!
– YES! I’ll totally come be a demon slayer with you if you need a partner! 😉 Thanks so much for chatting with me Emerald! I am thrilled to have you as one of the special guests at the party and can’t wait to chat again real soon.
*Emerald will be chatting from 7:35-7:50 PM EST. Wonder what she is going to talk about?*
You’ll have to stop by the party on December 12th to find out! 😉 (But don’t worry! It’s going to be a lot of fun!)
Before you go, be sure to check out some of Emerald’s books online!