Are you ready to continue the revealing of the special guests at the upcoming Twelve Writers of Christmas Facebook Party on December 12th!?
I hope so because I am so excited to be introducing the sixth special guest, Carrie Anne Noble! Her book The Gold-Son is pretty special to me because it was the first book I had read about leprechauns and it was amazing. Now every time I see something with leprechauns I think of Carrie. 🙂
Did I mention that she also has a book about mermaids that sounds just as amazing? 😉
About the Author
In the wake of her thrilling past as a theatre student, restaurant hostess, certified nurse aide, and newspaper writer, Carrie Anne Noble now writes novels and short stories. A member of SFWA (Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America), she enthusiastically participates in National Novel Writing Month every November. When she isn’t writing, Carrie enjoys reading, napping, snacking, hosting spectacular tea parties, and spending time with family and friends.
– For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Geeky, imaginative, and loyal
– Yay for geeks! 😀 What’s the best thing about being a writer?
I love meeting people (especially kids) who have enjoyed my books and who want to talk about the characters and events in the stories. It’s the weirdest and most wonderful thing when something you created inside your mind becomes something someone else loves and cherishes.
– That definitely sounds wonderful (and inspiring I could imagine too)! How has your spiritual walk influenced your writing?
My faith often shows up in the underlying themes of my stories—sacrificial love, redemption, hope. And there is a lot of spiritual symbolism in The Mermaid’s Sister (most of which I didn’t do with conscious intent). Writing that book was a very spiritual experience for me. It was God walking me through my personal grief at the loss of my sister, and God making something wonderful out of something tragic. He’s been so good to me. I hope to honor Him by using my gifts well.
– What a beautiful gift and so glad you shared that, Carrie. For my last question, if you had the ability to jump into any story and live there for a week, what book what you choose?
I’d like to be a Hobbit living in the Shire, either before Bilbo disappears in The Fellowship of the Ring or after Aragorn takes the throne in The Return of the King. A nice, peaceful, country life in a cute Hobbit hole with lots of tea and frequent eating appeals to me greatly!
– Oh, that sounds epic! Can I join you? 😉 Thanks so much for chatting with me Carrie! I am thrilled to have you as one of the special guests at the party and can’t wait to chat again real soon.
*Carrie will be chatting from 8:50-9:05 PM EST. Wonder what she is going to talk about?*
You’ll have to stop by the party on December 12th to find out! 😉 (But don’t worry! It’s going to be a lot of fun!)
Before you go, be sure to check Carrie’s books online!