Are you ready to continue the revealing of the special guests at the upcoming Twelve Writers of Christmas Facebook Party on December 12th!?
I hope so because I am so excited to be introducing the fourth special guest, J.M. Hackman! I can’t wait to dive into her novel Spark this December and get to know her waffle-eating and fire-making character, Brenna.
Did I mention she’s goes to another reality? 😉
About the Author
J.M. Hackman has held many positions: assistant librarian, office assistant, office manager, substitute teacher, writer, wife, and mother. She still holds the last three. And loves it. She received a degree in Elementary Education from Pennsylvania State University and now spends her days writing stories, consuming massive quantities of chocolate, and looking for portals to other worlds. You can find her at www.jmhackman.com.
– For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Creative, competitive, and loyal.
– Ooo! I have to admit I’m pretty competitive too. 🙂 What’s the best thing about being a writer?
Hmm. It’s hard to choose the BEST thing. I guess the simple act of creating a story with words (because let’s face it, I can’t draw!). There is such a joy in the creation of a scene and characters, letting the words transfer the imagery in my head to paper.
– I second that, friend! 😉 How has your spiritual walk influenced your writing?
My beliefs come through in any story I tell. Lately, I’ve felt a desire to use accessible words to tell my stories, language everyone understands, and to shy away from the Christian lingo I grew up using. Often, when we use “Christian-eze”, we alienate the very people we want to reach.
– I truly love this. I think that’s powerful in what you’re doing (and I could imagine touching) If you had the ability to jump into any story and live there for a week, what book would you choose?
I waver between the Harry Potter series and The Chronicles of Narnia. I think I’d go with The Chronicles of Narnia—I’ve always wanted to meet Aslan. 🙂
– Me too! 😉 Thanks so much for chatting with me J.M.! I am thrilled to have you as one of the special guests at the party and can’t wait to chat again real soon.
*J.M. will be chatting from 8:20-8:35 PM EST. Wonder what she is going to talk about?*
You’ll have to stop by the party on December 12th to find out! 😉 (But don’t worry! It’s going to be a lot of fun!)
Before you go, be sure to check J.M.’s book online!