Are you ready to continue the revealing of the special guests at the upcoming Twelve Writers of Christmas Facebook Party on December 12th!?
I hope so because I am so excited to be introducing the seventh special guest, Ashley Bogner! She is sooooo sweet and can’t tell you how excited I was when I learned she is seeking to go into the Christian publishing industry.
Plus did I mention she self-published an epic Christian dystopian? 😉
About the Author
When Ashley Bogner was in third grade, she decided she would be a published author when she grew up. Ashley is a homeschool graduate and has lived in seven different states. She completed a year of Bible college and in the fall will begin pursuing a degree in Communication Studies. After college, her plan is to work in the Christian publishing industry. When not writing, she can be found baking, posting book reviews on her blog, and watching her favorite movies over and over to the point of memorization.
– For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
This question took me the longest to think about! Instead of three separate words, I’m going to use a three-word phrase I think works fairly well. 🙂
“Great big dork”.
– I love it! 😀 (I’m totally a dork too, so dorks unite!) What’s the best thing about being a writer?
What’s the best thing about being a writer? That I can do something I greatly enjoy and say I’m “working.” 🙂 Writing is, for me, as much a hobby as it is something I hope to have a job doing someday (I’m an English major in college). It’s also been pretty fun to see how excited my friends and family get when they read my writing. So many people have been really supportive and have given me fantastic encouragement.
– Haha! That is so true and is definitely one of the funniest jobs ever. 😉 How has your spiritual walk influenced your writing?
My faith influences a lot of my writing. I started writing because I was frustrated with the lack of hope and Christian values in the books I was reading. I wanted to write a story in a genre I loved, but write one that pointed people to Jesus. Stories are such powerful things, and I love that power they have. Writing allows me to ponder and work through deep questions and I enjoy getting to use that medium to incorporate Christian themes.
– Yes, yes, yes!! This! If you had the ability to jump into any story and live there for a week, what book would you choose?
Just one book? There’s so many I would love to visit, but if I had to pick just one….I would choose the Chronicles of Narnia. Narnia sounds like a pretty amazing place to visit (although preferably not when the White Witch is around).
– Well said as I wouldn’t want to visit if she was around either. 😉 Thanks so much for chatting with me Ashley! I am thrilled to have you as one of the special guests at the party and can’t wait to chat again real soon.
*Ashley will be chatting from 9:10-9:25 PM EST. Wonder what she is going to talk about?*
You’ll have to stop by the party on December 12th to find out! 😉 (But don’t worry! It’s going to be a lot of fun!)
Before you go, be sure to check Ashley’s book online!