Happy Book Love Friday!
Today’s post is slightly different because I’m participating in an exciting blog tour for Pam Halter’s Fairyeater. I finished it last night and so thrilled to share about this story!
Take a look at what her book is about and then hear my five reasons why I think you should read it (especially if you’re a fantasy lover *winks*)!
About the Book
All fifteen-year-old Akeela has ever wanted is an ordinary family who will love her. But the only mother she has ever known is the old hag, Krezma, who berates her night and day. Why did the old woman even take her in?
But Krezma knows her charge is no ordinary child. She can see the auras surrounding living things and can communicate with fairies. And the birthmark on her palm reveals a secret Krezma must hold close for the child’s safety.
A secret that the witch, Tzmet, hunts for night and day, drying and eating fairies for the power they contain. When Akeela discovers her fate lies in being the next Fairy Guardian, all hope for an ordinary life dissipates like the dreams they were. She must protect the fairies from the witch—and an even darker power that threatens them all.
Akeela is unwillingly thrust into an adventure that will not end until she decides to accept her fate and give up on her dream.
Maybe even her life.
About the Author
Pam Halter has been a children’s book author since 1995. The first book in her Willoughby and Friends series, Willoughby and the Terribly Itchy Itch, won the 2018 Realm Award in the children’s category, and she also received a Reader’s Choice Award in 2015 for her short story, “Tick Tock,” in Realmscapes. Fairyeater is her first fantasy novel. She lives in South Jersey, deep in farmland, and enjoys long walks on country roads where she discovers fairy homes, emerging dragons, and trees eating wood gnomes. Visit Pam at www.PamHalter.com.
Blog Tour Schedule
- Monday, Oct. 22nd, Review, Laurin Boyle, www.laurinboyle.wordpress.com
- Tuesday, Oct. 23rd, Visual Post, Liv Fisher, www.the-book-sprite.blogspot.com
- Wednesday, Oct. 24th, Behind-the-Scenes Feature, Jebraun Clifford, www.jebraunclifford.com
- Thursday, Oct. 25th, Release-Day Post, Pam Halter, www.PamHalter.com
- Friday, Oct. 26th, Interview, Laurie Lucking, www.landsuncharted.com
- Saturday, Oct. 27th, Guest Post, Heidi Burke, www.fellowshipoffantasy.com/fantastic-writes
- Sunday, Oct. 28th, Interview, Cathrine Bonham, www.cobonham.com
- Monday, Oct. 29th, Guest Post, J.L. Mbewe, www.jlmbewe.com
- Tuesday, Oct. 30th, Guest Post, Julie Monzi, www.myadhdmusings.wordpress.com
- Wednesday, Oct. 31st, Guest Post, Jill Hackman, www.jmhackman.com
- Thursday, Nov. 1st, Review, Michele Israel Harper, www.MicheleIsraelHarper.com
- Friday, Nov. 2nd, Review, Laura A. Grace, www.unicornquester.com <— You are here!