Eeekkk! When was the last time I sat down with a character and interviewed them?
I have no idea! 😮
Thankfully, one of my new favorite characters is remedying that today. 😉
Please come meet Adelaide from The Fractured Empire!
About the Book
The Ceithren Empire is finally at peace, but for two very different people, the world is still upside down.
For Adelaide, her sister’s death has left a gaping void. The one thing she believes will dull the pain is to take the only piece of her sister she has left to the place they’d sworn they’d go together — the Ever Falls, a natural wonder that splits the world in two. But the journey is perilous and not everyone who seeks the Ever Falls survives.
Clark never imagined his father would be blamed for the Silent Explosion. Now, he must find a way to clear his family’s name. As a member of an activist group, he’s ready to steal a powerful amulet in exchange for the chance to interrogate a Professor of the Empire. Brash and maybe a little too confident, Clark embarks on a mission that puts his own life at risk.
But Clark isn’t the only one after the amulet.
When the ancient artifact attaches itself to Adelaide, essentially painting a target on her back, Clark and Addie’s worlds collide. Tensions rise as they work together to stay alive… and resist the temptation to kill each other before their enemies have the chance.
Release Date: October 19, 2018
– Hi Adelaide! I’m so excited to be chatting with you today! For those who don’t know you, what are three words you would use to describe yourself?
Logical, assertive, independent.
– Ooo! That sounds perfect! As potential Heiress, what is your favorite and must have article of clothing when attending events?
Clothes are great, but I’m all about my boots. Ankle boots, knee-high boots—it doesn’t matter. I love them all.
– I use to own a pair of good boots, but no longer have them. *cries* Boots are pretty amazing. 🙂 I know you’re currently on a “mission” to Ever Falls. What do you think you’ll find when you go? Do you think it will be as beautiful as you imagine?
I’m not sure I’ll be able to find any beauty in going there without Amelie, but I’m hoping to find some closure.
– I hope you as well, friend. <3 What were your first thoughts meeting Clark? Think he might be as attractive as a certain Prince? 😉
I’m sure he thinks so. And I mean, fine, he may be right. But still. My first thoughts? I wanted to punch him in his smug, smirking face. I still do, for that matter.
– Haha! Speaking of Clark, could you see yourself possibly visiting the Ever Falls with him?
*Hesitates* I don’t know. He likes to travel, and he knows his way around a ship. Logically, there’s no reason I couldn’t manage the trip with his company… if I didn’t toss him overboard on the way there.
– I’m not sure if he would appreciate you tossing him overboard or not. LOL! If you had to use a weapon in defense of the forces coming against you and Clark, what would you choose and why?
My feminine wiles? Truly, I’ve never been very coordinated. Maybe I could learn to throw knives?
– That is perfection. 😉 Thanks so much for chatting with me!
About the Author
Robin D. Mahle is a husband and wife storytelling team. After traveling the world for love and war both, a story evolved that had to be told. So here we are.