I’m so excited to be spotlighting the ninth special guest for The Twelve Writers of Christmas Facebook Party!
While Deanna Fugett isn’t writing or connecting with others via social media, she can be found
cleaning up after playing with her four kids or cooking dinner rubbing her husband’s shoulders, because she’s nice like that. Her favorite TV shows are Once Upon a Time, The Shannara Chronicles, and Arrow, and she frequently revisits every geek’s favorite show, Firefly.
She secretly enjoys writing more than reading. *Gasp*. Deanna has an endless TBR list and has numerous books lying around the house, none of which she can find time to finish.
Occasionally she plays Narnia with her son, pretending to be Susan at the archery range and enjoying quality time with her boy, bows, and arrows.
Deanna is off-the-wall excited about her debut novel coming out with Love2ReadLove2Write Publishing, an edgy YA Dystopian called Ending Fear. It is the first novel in the Gliding Lands series. She really hopes you will buy it and enjoy every second of it.
Visit deannafugett.com to learn more about her.
– For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Weird. Fallen. Crazy.
– What’s the best thing about being a writer?
THE OTHER WRITERS. No joke. I LOVE this writing community. Also, what other profession gets to say that you’re working when you’re on social media? Dream come true.
– Oh my goodness, I so agree with you! Totally a dream come true! How has your spiritual walk influenced your writing?
I was in a healing place when I started my first draft of Ending Fear. God has gotten me through some rough stuff over the years and I thank him for that. He’s also the One who gave me the passion, talent and drive to do this writing thang.
– God is good! Recently, I’m finding that writing is very healing for me. For my last question, if you had the ability to jump into any story and live there for a week, what book what you choose?
Narnia, hands down. I guess that wasn’t really answering your question. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I was in the play when I was little, and have always loved the books and movies. The original movies are the best. Although, I have to say the new ones are great too. I came into my marriage with my childhood set of CS Lewis’s Narnia collection, already worn and beat up from years of use. My son read them ONCE and they fell apart. I haven’t replaced them yet, but was able to scrounge up 3 from a yard sale lady for a $1 each. Need the rest of them now to complete the collection. Wow. That was a long answer. Sorry.
– I don’t think I have seen the original movies. Will have to see if I can find them! Thanks for chatting with me today, Deanna! So excited to have you as one of the special guest’s for the event!
Deanna will be chatting from 9:00-9:15 EST. Wonder what she is going to talk about?
You’ll have to stop by the party on December 12th to find out!