I’m so excited to be spotlighting the eighth special guest for The Twelve Writers of Christmas Facebook Party!
Desiree Williams is a dreamer by day and chocoholic by night. She lives in the beautiful state of Kentucky with her husband and daughter, where she juggles life as a wannabe supermom. Desiree is a lover of food and avoider of dirty dishes. She delights in making people laugh and strives to bring hope and love with her wherever she goes.
You can find out more about Desiree and her books at www.desireewilliamsbooks.com
– For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself
Awkward, loving, loyal
– What’s the best thing about being a writer?
Creating adventures. I love living inside my imagination and visiting new worlds. I’m caught daydreaming all the time.
– I’m always amazed at what our imagination dreams up. How has your spiritual walk influenced your writing?
In my experience, I’ve learned a writer can’t help but weave a piece of themselves into the tales they construct. Once a story’s been written, I find how God has pulled things from the dark corners of my heart that I’d been trying to hide. Then it becomes an adventure-within-an-adventure to walk down this new path God is creating from within me. So where I try to shine hope and light into the world, God has other plans. To work wonders and miracles in my own heart, molding me into a stronger me.
– Amen! He is doing the same in me as I continue on this new writing journey. For my last question, if you had the ability to jump into any story and live there for a week, what book what you choose?
Um…talk about an amazing super-power! Geez, how to choose? And for just a week? Although a week might be good considering I’d be the one to get myself eaten by a dragon or something. I’ve always been partial to the world of Narnia though. But in all honestly, I can’t pick. I’ve sifted through the memory bank of stories and can’t settle on a given one. Seriously, I have a horrible time picking a favorite of anything. If you ever see a woman standing at the drink fountain with the “what to pick” glaze in her eyes, that’s probably me.
– I’m pretty sure I would be the same way! It’s hard for me to pick a favorite, too. Thanks for chatting with me today, Desiree! So excited to have you as one of the special guest’s for the event!
Desiree will be chatting from 8:45-9:00 EST. Wonder what she is going to talk about?
You’ll have to stop by the party on December 12th to find out!