Happy Friday, friends!
I am beyond thrilled to spotlight a special author that I had the great pleasure of chatting with at her Facebook Launch Party.
Who is this special author?
She is super sweet and really cool, but I have to confess that as I chatted with her, I realized she might be hiding an incredible secret.
You see as I was commenting on posts, occasionally she would share some trivia such as these below.
I couldn’t help wonder how she would know these unless she had some kind of experience.
Like experience of being a mermaid, but somehow able to hide her identity very well. (Plus, she certainly gave away a lot of mermaid novels. Maybe supporting her fellow underwater sisters?)
So, yep! There you have it, friends. YA author is Sarah Armstrong- Garner is a secret mermaid who knows how to write beautiful stories with just as beautiful covers. (Pssst. You didn’t hear the secret from me. *winks*)
Seriously, look at this cover below! (Also, if you’re curious to the answers of these trivia questions from last night’s FB party, be sure to scroll down to the end.)
About the Book
Jocelyn plunges into the ocean near Calcutta, India, thrown overboard by a man claiming it’s the only way to save her life. As she sinks, the transformation begins, and the ocean welcomes her back into its embrace.
Aidan Boyd thought the only way to save Jocelyn was to give her back to the ocean, but now he’s not so sure. Aidan doesn’t believe in mermaids, but he can’t explain the way she changed. Will he see Jocelyn again? Or has he condemned her to a watery grave?
Jocelyn drifts in a world she’d forgotten only to find she’s hunted by a deadly force from the ancient city of Thessa, the reason she was hidden in the world above. But she cannot get Aidan out of her head. Was what they shared real? Or was it a fantasy brought on by her unconscious need to seduce a human?
Both Aidan and Jocelyn begin a desperate and dangerous journey to discover the truth . . . and hopefully each other. But will their love be enough?
About the Author
Sarah Armstrong-Garner lives in Northern California with her husband and three children, and get this: not only is she an author, screenwriter, and photographer, she also shoots indie films with her husband. You can visit www.SarahArmstrongGarner.com to learn more about her and her upcoming releases.
Blog Tour Schedule
- Monday, April 23rd, “A Recap of Jocelyn’s World: Review of Sinking,” Pam Halter, www.pamhalter.com
- Tuesday, April 24th, “#LennReads—Book Review of Drifting,” Lenn Woolston, www.lennwritesblog.wordpress.com
- Tuesday, April 24th, “Review of Drifting,” Jessica Moore, www.jessmoorewrites.wordpress.com
- Wednesday, April 25th, Review: “Drifting: A Sequel Worth the Wait,” Jebraun Clifford, www.jebraunclifford.com
- Thursday, April 26th, Visual Post: “Drifting: A Sneak Peek into a Mermaid’s World,” Jebraun Clifford, www.quillsandinkblotts.wordpress.com
- Thursday, April 26th, “Drifting Release Party Today,” Michele Israel Harper, www.micheleisraelharper.com
- Friday, April 27th, “Author Spotlight of Secret Mermaid Sarah Armstrong-Garner,” Laura A. Grace, www.unicornquester.com
- Saturday, April 28th, “My Thoughts on Drifting,” Deborah Dunson, www.readingontheedge.tumblr.com
- Sunday, April 29th, “Sinking Book Review and Drifting Blog Tour,” Liv K. Fisher, www.livkfisher.blogspot.com
- Sunday, April 29th, “Why I Love Drifting,” Helen Giles, www.lifeofanerdishmum.blogspot.co.uk
Question One Answer: “If you’re curious to the answers above, it’s Libertatia (also called Libertalia)
1. It cannot be proven that this colony existed, regaling it to legendary status in history.
2. Pirates were said to raid slave ships and take the slaves back to Libertalia to live as free men—as pirates.
3. Libertalia was said to be an utopian colony based on democratic values, a community founded by a brotherhood of pirates that lived in peace and harmony for at least 20 years.”
Question Two Answer: “By using water vessels, similar to submarines and trains, powered by methane clathrate.”