I’m so excited to be spotlighting the fifth special guest for The Twelve Writers of Christmas Facebook Party!
Whether she’s wielding a fantasy writer’s pen, a freelance editor’s sword, or a social media wand, Ralene Burke always has her head in some dreamer’s world. And her goal is to make it SHINE! She spins fantastical tales to encourage people to SHINE BEYOND. She has worked for a variety of groups/companies, including Realm Makers, The Christian PEN, Kentucky Christian Writers Conference, and as an editor for a number of freelance clients.
Her first novel, Bellanok, is available on Amazon!
When her head’s not in the publishing world, she is wife to a veteran and homeschooling mama to their three kids. Her Pinterest board would have you believe she is a master chef, excellent seamstress, and all around crafty diva. If she only had the time . . .
Visit raleneburke.com to learn more about her.
– For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Compassionate, loyal, and passionate
– What’s the best thing about being a writer?
Creating stories and story worlds that will entertain myself and hopefully my readers!
– I love that! How has your spiritual walk influenced your writing?
For years I felt lost. Like I didn’t know where I was going in my life. I felt out of place in high school, aimless in college so much so that I dropped out, and continually searching for my place for several more years. During that time, I also entered a rebellious stage when it came to God.
It wasn’t until after my husband was deployed the first time that I began making my way back to God. It wasn’t until after we had children that I began understanding my place. And it wasn’t until I was staying at home with the kids that I rediscovered my passion for writing.
That journey there finds its way into many of my stories as most of my protagonists are just trying to find their place in the world. Sometimes it’s a natural bridge from where they are now; sometimes, like in Bellanok, it’s not even close to what they would expect.
– I definitely can relate to your story. It wasn’t until I was a stay-at-home mom that I felt I really discovered who I was in Christ as well as feeling a calling to write stories. For my last question, if you had the ability to jump into any story and live there for a week, what book what you choose?
I’d choose a good fantasy, that’s for sure! Probably Lord of the Rings because it is just about one of the best worlds. But I wouldn’t mind the world of Everia (from Serena Chase’s Eyes of Everia series) or maybe Camelot. So many choices!
– I have heard so many good things about Serena’s series, but haven’t had a chance to pick it up. Guess that needs to change! Thanks for chatting with me today, Ralene! So excited to have you as one of the special guest’s for the event!
Ralene will be chatting from 8:00-8:15 EST. Wonder what she is going to talk about?
You’ll have to stop by the party on December 12th to find out!