*Breathe in, breathe out*
So I don’t pop anyone’s ear drums with all my squealing and fangirling, I am going to very calmly say that I am very very very excited to be participating in this blog tour.
One of the reasons is not only because this book is extremely good, but I get to interview Taylan!
*Breathe in, breathe out*
Before I share my chat with him, let me go take some more deep breathes. Why I try not to get too excited, be sure check out this beauty of a story below!
About the Book
A new queen falls. A death lord rises. An ancient foe looms in the shadows.
Sylvie Imanthiya is desperate to lead Faerie well and deepen the bond with her husband, former king Taylan Ashkalabek. But all hope of that vanishes when the winter solstice ceremony ends in disaster, stranding her and Taylan in the Deathrealm, and stripping the kingdom from her.
With Faerie in chaos, Zad and Diza are separated once again: Zad to reconcile with an old mentor to stabilize the kingdom, and Diza to confront the nefarious Casimir in the mortal realm. But Casimir claims that a greater evil seeks to destroy both realms, an evil that Diza’s unique death magic can hold at bay—if she could only remember how.
In the Deathrealm, Taylan is succumbing to the lure of specters from his past, and pushing away Sylvie’s love. Overwhelmed by decay and darkness, Sylvie must summon unexpected magic from the soul of Kyure to fight for her convictions and her husband’s heart.
Shadows divide them. Their friends are in peril. If Sylvie fails, her marriage and her world will fall.
– Hi Taylan! I am SO excited to be interviewing you! How do you feel married life is treating you?
Life with Sylvie is incredible. She brought light and joy to me when I’d long since given up hope of those things. I don’t deserve her, and I only hope I don’t put her in danger.
– I’m so happy for you, Taylan! Also, I wouldn’t worry too much. 😉 I have to confess that it’s one of my dreams to come visit you and Sylvie! If we could all hang out for a day, what are some places we would all go?
The Blood Valley would be the first stop. Sylvie has transformed my old hideout into a beautiful home that is protected from many of the more dangerous aspects of Faerie. Then we could visit the forest of starlight near my old palace, although it might be a challenge to sneak past the Maithe lords and ladies who have taken over the palace since I left it. I’m sure Sylvie would want to show you around Sabellyn too, and introduce you to some of her friends from the black market.
– That sounds like it would be such a fun and beautiful experience! I simply must find a way to get to you both. *squeals* A friend and I have playfully joke about wrapping you in what’s called bubble wrap to keep you safe from harm. *hides* However, even if we can’t technically wrap you in bubble wrap, her and I are on a mission to protect you as best we can! If you could tell the author of your story one thing, what would you tell her?
I would remind her—and everyone else—that I have brought all these disasters on myself. I chose my path long ago, and I suspect I will always reap the consequences. While I appreciate your concern, it’s no one’s responsibility but mine.
– Oh Taylan! I’m not sure we agree that you brought these things on yourself, but we do hope things will be better. Before we go (and to brighten our conversation as I totally don’t want you to walk away sad), I would love to hear three things you love about Sylvie. 🙂
I love the courage she shows in the face of danger. I love her creativity and artistry. I love her kind spirit and the way she always looks for the best in everyone.
– Sylvie is pretty amazing! I hope she will continue to bring a bright lift to your life. 😉 Thank you SO much for chatting with me, Taylan!
About the Author
Sarah Delena White was raised by wolves in an alternate dimension. She writes eclectic speculative fiction that reworks mythology with a fine balance of poetry and snark. She’s an experienced world traveler who loves to weave world folklore and ancient concepts into vibrant, original story worlds. She is the administrative manager for Uncommon Universes Press. When she’s not writing, she can be found making elegant designer bead jewelry, traveling to festivals as a professional ballad singer, drinking tea, and seeking to create the perfect latte. She can be bribed with dark chocolate.
Join Uncommon Universes Press and Laura A. Grace of Unicorn Quester to celebrate the launch of Rothana by Sarah Delena White! Includes games, giveaways, exclusive behind-the-scenes, and more. Also features guest authors Bethany A. Jennings and Morgan L. Busse. Save the date to hang out with these fabulous authors!
Blog Tour Schedule
Monday, November 26th
- Author Interview – New Authors Fellowship
- Realm Explorers Author Interview – Letters from Annie (Douglass) Lima
Tuesday, November 27th
Wednesday, November 28th
- Book Excerpt – Reading on the Edge
Thursday, November 29th
Friday, November 30th
- Character Interview with Casimir – LivForHim
- Behind-the-Scenes Feature – J.M. Hackman
- Author Interview – Dreams and Dragons
Saturday, December 1st
- Book Review – Pages to Explore
Monday, December 3rd
Tuesday, December 4th
Wednesday, December 5th
Thursday, December 6th
- Author Interview & Review – MissBriony.com
- Character Interview with Taylan – Unicorn Quester <— You are here!
Friday, December 7th
- Book Review – Jessica Rachow
- Guest Post on Faerie vs. Sabeylln – Katherine Massengill
- Book Review – Writing with Wolves
Saturday, December 8th