Woo hoo! I am so excited to be kicking-off the blog tour for Sarah Addison-Fox’s debut, Disowned!
I finished the book last night and it truly is a story of freedom, family, and faith. I enjoyed it and I am now eagerly looking forward to book two.
Curious as to what else I shared and some of the other stops on the tour? Check out my review below and see the rest of the stops on this tour!
About the Book
Two countries, two choices, one life.
When Kyraenean slave Celeste risks her life to reach the free nation of Etraea, a country filled with technology and wealth, she unknowingly sets off a chain of events that will change her life forever.
After escaping her new owner, Celeste awakens in the home of an Etraean soldier, sworn to protect the fragile peace.
For Corporal Mick Haynes, life is simple. Follow the rules, do your job and work your way up the ranks. Getting shot and finding a wanted slave at his family’s farm wasn’t part of the plan.
When a Kyraenean bounty hunter locates Celeste, Mick’s loyalty will be stretched to the limit.
With war on the horizon, Celeste faces two impossible choices. Both securing her freedom, but both at a cost she could never have imagined.
Will Etraea provide the freedom she’s longed for or shackle her to an entirely new master?
Whoa! That ending! Things definitely got intense there and totally can’t wait to read book two (like I-must-have-book-two-ASAP)!
This story did surprise me in that much of the beginning is not strongly told from Celeste’s POV. Nothing wrong with that or anything. It just took me off guard, but it also enhanced the story seeing her from others. I especially liked Maggie and how as a reader you form a bond with her.
Confession: I loved Ethan! I also really liked Mick, and well, just the whole story. *winks* It was one of growth, trust, and healing. Celeste’s journey is anything but easy, but yet she keeps fighting…and I’m thankful these awesome men are there on that journey with her. (And that this journey isn’t over for them either! I want to read more of their story too.)
Since I can’t share other things I really enjoyed about this story without possibly spoiling it, I’ll leave it at this: There is always hope (though I hope Celeste realizes the fully truth of that in a certain way).
Looking forward to reading more of the series!
About the Author
Sarah Addison-Fox is a New Zealand-born home-schooling mother of two who loves action-packed, clean, fantasy with strong heroines. She has an astonishing amount of nail polish, has all her creative writing credentials shoved in a drawer somewhere, and has a husband who, after 27 years, can still make her blush. When she’s not working on both her Christian YA fantasy series’, Allegiance, or Renegades, she can be found fangirling on Goodreads or sending GIFs on Twitter.
Blog Tour Schedule
- January 2nd: Book Review – Unicorn Quester – https://unicornquester.com/
- January 3rd: Post Written by Host Blogger – SKG Fun – http://www.
- January 4th: Guest Post from Author, Sarah Addison-Fox – Teens n Tiaras – https://teensntiaras.weebly.
- January 5th: Book Review – Ashley Bogner – http://www.ashleybogner.com/
- January 6th: Author Interview – Karyssa – http://gottahavecoffee.
- January 7th: Post Written by Host Blogger – Anna – http://www.cupofthoughts.blog/
- January 8th: Book Review – Abigail – http://
- January 9th: Post Written by Host Blogger – Abi- https://theleft-
- January 10th: Giveaway – Annie – http://anniedouglasslima.
- January 11th: Giveaway – Jaye – http://www.jayelknight.blogspot.com
- January 12th: Book Review – Angel – www.purelyunorthodox.com
- January 13th: Post Written by Host Blogger – Anna – https://
- January 14th: Book Review – Hannah – www.thedifferentgirl.com
- January 15th: Interview – Kate – https://onceuponanordinary.
- January 16th: Guest Post from Author – New Authors –https://newauthors.wordpress.
- January 17th: Book Review – Audrey- http://audreycaylin.
- January 18th: Book Review – Kellyn – https://reveriesreviews.
- January 19th: Guest Post from Author – Liv – http://livkfisher.blogspot.com
- January 20th: Author Interview – Medofo – https://writingsfromagodgirl.wordpress.com/
- January 21st: Book Review – Victoria – https://rufflesandgrace.com/
- January 22nd: Post Written by Host Blogger – Jebraun – https://jebraunclifford.com
- January 23rd: Review – Chloe – https://purelybyfaithreviews.
- January 24th: Review – Kiara –kiarasbookends.
- January 25th: Author Guest Post – J.M. Hackman – www.jmhackman.com
- January 26th: Book Review – Lelia – http://www.leilatualla.com/
- January 27th: Author Interview – Riley – rileyalinewrites.wordpress.com
- January 28th: Review – Sarah – www.smylinggirl.blogspot.com
- January 29th: Review – Shay – www.elvenpadawan.com & Review – Jessi – https://theartfulauthor.
- January 30th: Guest Post from Author – Lands Uncharted- www.landsuncharted.com
- January 31st: Spotlight Post – Raechel – https://