Woo hoo! The celebration of the release of Tabitha Caplinger’s novel The Chronicle of the Three: Armor-Bearer is still going strong!
Today, I’m sharing an interview I had with Tabitha about her latest release. Grab a blanket and a few pillows for my fun chat with her about TV shows, writing, and food.
Darkness creeps around every corner as demons gather in the small town of Torch Creek, Virginia. The Destroyer has arrived, and the Reaping is coming closer by the day. Zoe knows it’s her duty as the Daughter of the Three to hold back the shadows, but she doesn’t know how, and time is running out. Zoe and her friends turn to the ancient text of the chronicle for help. Are they strong enough to withstand an enemy who exploits their deepest fears and doubts? Will they find the answers they’re looking for before all of Hell is unleashed?
Zoe’s journey as the prophecy’s promised Daughter continues in this second installment of the fantasy trilogy, The Chronicle of the Three.
– Hi Tabitha! I am so excited to have you on my blog! For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Awesome. Sassy. Kind-hearted.
– You mention on your site that you have been in student ministry for 15 years. Why did you want to be a youth pastor? Have you always wanted to be one?
I grew up a pastor’s kid, so no, I didn’t always want to be a pastor of any kind. While in high school I felt like youth ministry was something God was calling me to but I ran from it. I was into my second semester of college before I finally made the choice to be obedient to that call. I have never regretted it. I love working with students. It keeps me young…and grounded.
– You also mentioned your a little obsessed with TV. What are some of your favorite shows or movies to watch?
You are opening a big ol’ can with that question. My tv tastes are eclectic and I have a lot of shows I love. If I had to pick Supernatural would be at the top of the list. Arrow would be up there too. And a classic but still fave is Angel. But I currently I’m in love with Emerald city and Jane the Virgin too. I’m not sure I can forgive Jane the Virgin for that last episode though, it was heartbreaking. Speaking of feels..This is Us is a can’t miss for me too. (I said you were opening a can. TV gets me excited.)
– What was it like writing TCO3Armor-Bearer? I know the stakes are higher with sometimes more drama, but also blooming romance.
I really enjoyed Armor-Bearer. Bloodline was all set up and getting to know the characters and introducing the plot, and book three is bringing everything together toward a satisfying end. AB is the middle, which a lot of authors don’t enjoy but it’s my favorite part. I liked the little twists and turns. I loved the devastating bits because they are painfully fun to write. The romance is fun, I can’t say I don’t enjoy it because I do but it isn’t central to the story. But I think who a character loves, or doesn’t love, tells us something about them so it can be an important connecting point.
– I’ve heard on numerous occasions that most authors can’t choose a favorite character, BUT I am curious about who you would want to hang out with for a day. Who’s the lucky character to hang out with you? What would you guys do?
I love Claire. I want to be Claire. I say that all the time. But if I was choosing who I’d want to spend the day with it would be Maggie. Girl knows how to have fun, how to laugh and destress. I’d totally grab pie and go shopping with Maggie before ranting at a good movie or show together.
– If you could train alongside Zoe and the gang to fight demons, what weapon would you want to use when fighting?
I’d want a sword. But, I’d want to know how to use everything else. I mean, you have to be prepared. Plus, a sword isn’t always easy to hide in an outfit, so a girl has to know how to handle herself with the smaller blades.
– Since food is always prominent in TCO3, what’s your go-to breakfast item? If it is Eggos, what flavor(s)?
Most days I go for chocolate chip Eggos. When I need extra protein it’s sausage and egg on a croissant. I like quick and easy and tasty.
About the Author
Tabitha Caplinger is a wife, mom, youth pastor and professed tv addict. It’s seriously a problem but she doesn’t plan on getting help anytime soon. Mostly because she loves the stories. She can’t help but get lost in the worlds created and invested in the lives of the characters. She brings that same passion for the story to her own writing. The first book in her YA trilogy, The Chronicle of the Three: Bloodline, is currently available with the second book releasing in early 2017. Aside from writing and watching tv, Tabitha can be found singing off key and dancing in the kitchen or car with her two adorably sassy daughters and awesome husband who she thinks is kind of cute.