Happy Friday, friends!
I am so thrilled to be sharing this book with you all today. If you enjoy clean stories that are filled with fun, romance, and a Proverbs 31 message, I strongly recommend checking out this series!
Still a little bit on the fence about it?
Join me as I chat with Livy about her latest release in her series The Tales of Tarsurella, The Rebellion!
About the Book
Something is brewing. Like the far off rumble of a train in the distance, a rebellion is stirring. A cry for change arises in the midst of a traditional monarchy, where King Addison has inherited the throne. Who are the underground troublemakers? What is stirring their defiant banner and demand for change? Find out in The Rebellion! (The Tales of Tarsurella #2)
Vanessa Bennett lands her dream job working at the Palace in Tarsurella. She struggles to balance everything on her plate: life in a new country, stressful deadlines, crabby co-workers, college classes at the local University, and blossoming feelings of romantic adoration toward her boss–King Addison. Keeping up with her To-Do list, while trying to earn respect in Addison’s male-dominated administration, presents its challenges. Nevertheless, she can’t help but fight a reoccurring thought and the excitement rising with it: is Addison interested in her?
Addison is adjusting to his new role as King. Rumors of a rebellious uprising among the youth in Tarsurella intensifies, as acts of violence and protest break out across the city. Addison is determined to uncover the hidden instigator who fearlessly blogs democracy-driven ideals with a secretive pen name. Will Addison discover and expose the fiery rebellion leader? Or will his efforts fail to stop the rebellious thoughts spreading like wildfire, causing a heartbreaking rift in his divided nation?
– Hi Livy! I am SO excited to be chatting with you today! For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Aw, thank you so much, Laura, it’s an honor to be here! Hmm…three words…I’m a writer, so this should be easy, right? HAHA. (Not so much!)
– Sparkly!! I definitely think you are very sparkly, friend! You mention on your website that you are a “scrapbook made of many different materials.” I love that analogy! Does it by chance stem from a love of crafts or scrapbooking? (Or stickers because they totally count too!)
Yes! I love scrapbooking! And stickers. Oh my goodness, stickers bring so much light and happiness into the world. It seems as though so many of our dramatic problems across the globe could be solved by stickers! If we all just share stickers with our friends, imagine what an impact that will make on society! Haha! (Sorry, I’m a huge Hobby Lobby, girl! I honestly spent 6 hours in their scrapboking department. 6 hours, my friends…that’s like…not healthy.)
– Hobby Lobby is amazing! I loveeee going in there so much! I didn’t see it mentioned on your website, but I’ve seen you post some amazing Disney-themed writing posts and even sing Disney parodies. So entirely cool! What is one of your favorite Disney movies and/or princess?
I don’t think it’s possible for me to choose just one favorite Disney movie? Can I pick my top 10? Okay, I know we don’t have all day, so let’s do top 5! 😀
- Princess Diaries
- Lady and the Tramp
- 101 Dalmatians
- Peter Pan
(So yes, Cinderella is my favorite Disney Princess, for sure.)
– Oh my goodness, I haven’t seen the Princess Diaries in years, but so much yes! Those movies are so funny and love your top five Disney movies. I am so excited for The Rebellion! What’s one way (without giving spoilers!) you’ve tried to surprise us readers in continuing of The Tales of Tarsurella Trilogy?
Okay, so I can say this much: in The Rebellion, there’s a severely troublesome instigator, spreading false rumors and lies, sparking much political backlash, through the power of…believe it or not…blogging. The crazy popular website is making the political terrain in Tarsruella extremely unsteady, but the author blogs behind an alias identity, so nobody knows who it is! I think it’s a fun point of intrigue for readers to guess who is actually responsible for the stirring rebellion.
– Oooo! That sounds very intriguing indeed. 😉 What’s your secret portal to get to the real Tarsurella (beside writing)? I would love to go visit and know I’m not the only one! 😉
Well, I live in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, so finding the direct portal to Tarsurella really won’t be possible unless you come directly to my house and ask for directions. But basically, there’s a small, vintage ice-cream parlor just a few miles from here, that serves some of the best mint-chocolate-chip EVER, and they have a storage closet which links directly to Tarsurella. It’s kinda crazy, because I never would’ve found that portal if I hadn’t had such a big obsession with ice-cream…but I’m SO THANKFUL I DID!
– Yay for ice cream! 😀 Now I must go find this place. 😉 I’ve heard on numerous occasions that most authors can’t choose a favorite character, BUT I wonder who you would want to hang out with for a day. Who’s the lucky character to hang out with you? What would you guys do?
That’s true, picking a favorite character is really hard. And my answer would probably different with each passing day!Haha! But today, I think I would have to choose David Carter, the lead singer of Kennetic Energy. I would love to spend the day with him and ask deep, probing questions. We’d hang out in his hometown, Cross Creek, Kentucky (yes, that’s kinda far away from Tarsurella, but David is an American, not a Tarsurellian). I would ask him to give me an official tour of his town, he’d take me to the very place his band got discovered, and retrace the steps of everything that happened before his song-writing dreams came true, and he skyrocketed to fame. I would hang out with his family, and get coffee at their favorite diner. And of COURSE I would ask him to play me some of his latest tunes. The next Kennetic Energy album is going to be amazing!
– That sounds like so much fun! Before we go, what’s one thing, person, or place you hope your readers will love just as much as you do?
Jane Akerly. She’s a new character introduced in The Rebellion, and I don’t think I have enough words to express how much I love her character! She’s a young, aspiring author, and I think a lot of girls can relate with challenges and struggles in life. I hope the readers will adore her as much as I do. <3
– Aww she sounds amazing! I definitely can’t wait to meet her! <3 Thanks so much for chatting with me, Livy! I had so much fun!
About the Author
Livy Jarmusch is a twenty-something author, singer, and songwriter. She enjoys crafting YA fiction that is pure, lovely, inspirational, and of course, entertaining! When she’s not writing, you can usually find her playing guitar, blogging, drinking peppermint tea, connecting with new friends, planning her next trip to Disney, or pinning images of Europe and Golden Retriever Puppies.