If you’ve been following me on social media, you might have noticed influx of graphics and happy things about Lindsay A. Franklin’s The Story Peddler.
Friends, her book is so good and I have greatly enjoyed sharing all things Story Peddler for her blog tour.
I was super pumped when she was up for an interview with me! It happens to center around food (which was not intentional) so be sure to grab a snack and settle in for some fun chat. 😉
About the Book
Selling stories is a deadly business
Tanwen doesn’t just tell stories–she weaves them into crystallized sculptures that sell for more than a few bits. But the only way to escape the control of her cruel mentor and claw her way from poverty is to set her sights on something grander: becoming Royal Storyteller to the king.
During her final story peddling tour, a tale of treason spills from her hands, threatening the king himself. Tanwen goes from peddler to prey as the king’s guard hunts her down…and they’re not known for their mercy. As Tanwen flees for her life, she unearths long-buried secrets and discovers she’s not the only outlaw in the empire. There’s a rebel group of weavers…and they’re after her too.
– Hi Lindsay! I am SO excited to be chatting with you today! For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Hi, Laura! So glad to be here. 🙂 Three words to describe me: sassy, analytical, transparent. My life’s an open book (weird for an introvert, probably).
– Ooo! You mention on your website that you’ve eaten “two bites of hamburger and zero pieces of bacon” since for twenty years you were a vegetarian. Does this mean you’ve never had chicken either? Have you reconsidered trying meat again?
I have had chicken, but I don’t like it at all and never order it. Or prepare it at home, unless it’s for my carnivorous family. I eat steak sometimes out of obligation to my anemia. *laughs* I occasionally enjoy a really flavorful piece of carne asada or an excellent filet mignon, but beyond that, I don’t like meat at all. I don’t think my taste buds will ever adjust after my childhood as a vegetarian!
– Wow! That is amazing to me! Coming from a family who loves bacon and being married to a husband who loves steak, my taste buds couldn’t imagine without either. LOL! You also mention that you “could live off potatoes” for the rest of your life. I absolutely love French fries! What are some of your favorite meals or ways to eat potatoes?
POTATOES. Sometimes, I’m 100% sure I’m actually a hobbit. My favorites are mashed potatoes, baked potatoes (loaded with butter and cheddar and sea salt), and fries. With ketchup. Not ranch dressing, like the rest of my family enjoys. Blech. Oh, and I adore sweet potatoes. I like them baked and fried and mashed with pineapple and butter and cinnamon and cloves. ALL THE POTATOES.
– Yes! French fries are sooooo good with ketchup. Best way to eat them in my opinion. Haha! I am so beyond thrilled that The Story Peddler is releasing! Since we’ve been talking about food, what dish would you love to try from your story world?
Ooh! I really want to try a hathberry pie. They’re mentioned several times in the story, and I have a terrible sweet tooth, so of course it’s the first thing I thought of. Also, pies are the first dessert I really mastered preparing as a kid. Since I made up hathberries, I won’t ever get to eat a hathberry pie, but I did create a “hathberry” tea blend. It’s a mix of white tea, blueberry, raspberry, peach, and strawberry pieces. Mmm.
– That tea blend sounds delicious! Maybe you could make a pie somehow with those ingredients. How can you assure us readers that you don’t by chance have some “crystallized sculptures” in your home from The Story Peddler? Are you and Tanween in cahoots about this and how much are you by chance selling them for?
Well…I do happen to have three tiny fluffhopper “stories” in my possession right now. Tanwen would sell them for a few silver bits to put food on her table for the next couple of weeks, but I will give two of them away to a couple lucky readers soon. 🙂
– Awww! I’ve heard on numerous occasions that most authors can’t choose a favorite character, BUT I wonder who you would want to hang out with for a day. Who’s the lucky character to hang out with you? What would you guys do?
I would love to hang out with Tanwen, except I kind of get to every day because she’s very much like my daughter. I also adore Princess Braith (partially based on my mom), Brac, Mor, and others I can’t name because it’d be spoilery! But if I hung out with Tanwen for the day, I think we’d probably go shopping. I would treat her to some special fabric for a new dress, or maybe a couple sweets she wouldn’t normally be able to afford.
– Going shopping would be so much fun! Before we go, what’s one thing you plan to do when The Story Peddler is officially released? Glitter will be involved, right? 😉
I will be eating CAKE!! My husband commissioned a local baker who has appeared on Food Network competitions to make a Story Peddler cake. I have no idea what she’ll come up with, except it’ll be coconut. But I can’t wait to find out. And I will be tossing ALL THE GLITTER. Because this story has been in my head and heart and on my hard drive for years. I cannot wait to share it with the world.
– Oh my goodness, please please please share photos!! I would love to see it! Thanks so much for chatting with me, Lindsay!
About the Author
Lindsay A. Franklin is an award-winning author, award-winning freelance editor, and homeschooling mom of three. She would wear pajama pants all the time if it were socially acceptable. She spends a lot of time in made-up worlds, and she’s passionate about sparking imagination through stories of infinite possibility. Her debut fantasy novel, The Story Peddler, releases in 2018. When she’s not exploring the fantastical, she’s exploring the Bible and encouraging young women through her devotional books (click here for more information on Adored).
Lindsay lives in her native San Diego with her husband (master of the dad joke), their awesomely nerdy kids, two thunder pillows (AKA cats), and a stuffed wombat with his own Instagram following (@therealwombatman). You can find Lindsay on social media, too, if Wombatman hasn’t hijacked all her accounts. She’s @LinzyAFranklin on Instagram and Twitter, and she Facebooks at www.facebook.com/
Calling all book readers! Join authors Lindsay A. Franklin and Sara Ella to celebrate the releases of their novels, The Story Peddler and Unbreakable, on May 1st!
Grab your favorite drink and snack and be prepared for a fun time of chatting with Lindsay and Sara, games, and giveaways.
The party starts at 8 PM EST (7 PM CST and 5 PM PST). Can’t wait to see you there!
Want to dive into a new world or in need of a good book? Use the link below to enter to win a signed print copy of The Story Peddler, a blue strand book sleeve, custom Story Peddler bookmark,a fluffhopper sticker, anda set of five mini Story Peddler art prints! (US only.)
Blog Tour Schedule
Tuesday, April 24th
Wednesday, April 25th
Thursday, April 26th
Friday, April 27th
Saturday, April 28th
- Interview – Liv K. Fisher
- Review – C O Bonham
- Visual Post – Jebraun Clifford
- Review – Pages and Pekoe
Monday, April 30th
Tuesday, May 1st
- Review – i am not a bookworm!
- Review –Worthy2Read
- Review – Lori’s Book Loft
- The Story Peddler and Unbreakable Facebook Launch Party
Wednesday, May 2nd
- Blog Tour Wrap-Up –Unicorn Quester