Breathe in. Breathe out.
I’M INTERVIEWING RAIN TODAY!!! (*inserts an overload of smiley emojis*)
Whew, sorry about that! Had to get that excitement off my chest. 😉
However, yes! I am interviewing Rain from Sara Baysinger’s Black Tiger Series and I couldn’t be more excited! Many thanks to RJ Metcalf who came up with the hashtag #TeamSteam because I am officially on that ship and set sail around the middle of book one, which is part of why I am so excited about this interview.
Now book three, White Dawn, has released and there are all the feels (and I mean lots of feels). Thankfully I was able to catch Rain and have a little chat with him. (*fangirling*)
Brace yourselves. You’re going to want to give Rain a hug after this. 😉
About the Book
This is the beginning of a new era.
The slate is clean.
A white dawning has emerged and I’m ready to face the day.
AURORA WHITCOMB has taken the place as Chief of Ky, but the ghosts of her past continue to haunt her future.
RAIN TURNER has lost the the embers that kept his hope burning, and all he’s left with is a raging desire to avenge the love of his life.
With an insatiable hatred toward each other, Aurora and Rain must learn to work together to bring the country back to its feet. In order to do so, they must be invincible. But being invincible isn’t only about conquering the battles in the physical world. When their journey to rescue Ky takes a violent turn for the worst, Aurora and Rain must learn the true meaning of forgiveness, not only for each other, but for those who haunt their pasts.
– Hey Rain! I am sooooo excited to have you on the blog today! Thank you for taking the time to come out since I could imagine things are just a little rocky right now.
Honored to be here. *arrogant grin*
– So my first question for you is what is your biggest fear? Does anyone know? Ember maybe?
Fear? Me? Seriously? *Heavy sigh* Okay, okay. My biggest fear is losing those closest to me. It’s why I fought so hard against my feelings for Ember. Because her alpha blood put a huge target on her back, and I couldn’t handle the possibility of losing her. Not that it did any good…
– Well, it definitely seems new changes are coming to Ky. How do you handle situations that make you angry?
I hate to admit it, but I can’t really hide my anger any more. I used to be a pro at masking my emotions. I mastered the art of appearing laid back and careless when my emotions were boiling beneath the surface. But since Ember—*voice cuts off* *clears throat* I don’t care anymore. I feel like something deep within me has been unleashed and I can’t contain it.
– Let’s talk about something a little lighter (and hopefully bring a smile to your face)! If you had the chance to have a very relaxing afternoon, what would you do? What would you eat? No work can be involved in this one because surely you have time to occasionally rest. Well, at least, I hope so.
Other than stroll through the park with a pretty Patrician on either arm and a black tiger at my heels? *winks* Okay, let’s face it. Those weren’t really relaxing. I guess I would pick the roof of that mossy, run-down building at the edge of Louisville. The place where I sat beside Ember, Julius behind us, while we watched the sun set over the ashen city. And we’d be eating apples.
– That sounds sooooo relaxing! Hopefully one day I can meet Julius. 🙂 I am curious as to what is one of your favorite memories from childhood? If you don’t have a favorite, what about since you’ve met Ember?
A favorite childhood memory…I actually had quite a few of them before Mother so kindly abandoned me and Forest. She was a good mother once. She used to take us to this sandy shore by the river, far away from the busy life of Frankfort. We’d go swimming and forget about the competitive life waiting for us back in the city. *sighs* Those days ended too soon.
– I’m glad that despite all things, you still have those precious memories to hold onto. Thank you so much for chatting with me, Rain!
My pleasure, as always.
About the Author
Sara Baysinger grew up in the heart of the Andes Mountains in Ecuador where she spent her time exploring uncharted lands and reading all things magical. She now lives among the endless cornfields of Indiana with her husband and two young children. BLACK TIGER is her first novel.
Don’t miss out on the exciting finale of the Black Tiger Series! Enter to win a signed paperback of White Dawn! Haven’t had a chance to begin this thrilling series or wanting to get one of the other books in paperback? No worries! Two winners will receive a signed paperback of their choice from any book in the series! (US only. E-copies available INT.)